- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating ensures superior transmittance uniformity across the visible range resulting in brighter images and more natural colours, All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for the brightest images
- Scratch-resistant coating is applied to the outside surfaces of objective and eyepiece lenses, Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- High-eyepoint design provides a clear field of view even for eyeglass wearers
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click to facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
Choosing the right equipment for your activity of choice makes the activity even more pleasurable. That’s why in; bird & wildlife watching, hiking, camping, during sports and concerts choosing the correct primary tool of observation is so important, strict users will agree with me 100%.
Check our reviews of the best 8×42 binoculars here.
There has been a long standing debate on whether the 8×42 or the 10×42 binoculars are the best for these outdoor activities, I am here to review the various 10×42 binoculars and choose the very best of the pile. I will look at various factors including: how they hold up in extreme weather conditions (fog & waterproof), affordability, flexibility, image clarity, durability and various special features that give them an edge.
Here we go:
Nikon Monarch 7 10×42 binoculars
Nikon has always produced top of the range binoculars and the Nikon Monarch 7 is no exception, they have outdone themselves once again putting this pair among the very best binoculars.
This Nikon binoculars are very flexible in that they can be used for very many activities including; traveling, bird watching, while camping and hiking.
This binoculars are fog and water-proof which already gives you a massive advantage when you’re exposed to difficult weather conditions when out on the field.
The binoculars has turn and slide eye cups and a multi-click option that help with the right eye positioning.
It has phase correction coated- roof prisms that help with resolution. It has a high eye point design which provides a very wide field of view and also takes into account people who wear glasses without making them uncomfortable.
The objective lens has scratch-resistant coating which is an absolute godsend considering how easy it is to scratch lenses and cause even much worse damage.
This binoculars has dielectric high-reflective multi-layer prism coating which provides transmittance uniformity which bring out the bright and natural colors of any image observed in whichever light setting.
The 10x 42 binoculars magnification is ideal for watching birds & wildlife due to the stronger magnification over the 8×42 binoculars. The central focusing knob is very accessible and easy to use when trying to focus on an image.
The magnification dos not cause image distortion either even when the field of view is brought to sharper focus.
It comes with a soft case for storage and an option to hook it onto your belt for easy carrying ability.
- They are very light and as such do not add extra weight to your luggage when you are out hiking and can easily be handheld when focusing on an object.
- The color rendering and contrast is very impressive even in low light areas, looking through them it is easy to spot an image invisible to the naked eye.
- The eye cups are very easy to adjust to achieve eye relief and the diopter ring is a useful feature to correct eyesight for spectacles wearers.
- Their flexibility makes them a worthwhile investment because you can use them for such a wide range of activities including when camping, watching birds & wildlife and traveling.
- The eye relief on the Monarch 7 is not as good as previous version, coming in at 18 mm compared to 16 mm for a 32 magnification.
- The eyepiece covers are a bit loose and fall off very easily which is a design flaw as they can be very annoying when you’re trying to use the binoculars.
Olympus 10×42 PRO Binoculars
This classy pair of binoculars has the advantage of being fully flexible too and can be used on a variety of activities including: during travelling, hiking, watching wildlife, sports events and even during concerts for an unfiltered and bright image.
It comes with the following accessories: shoulder straps for easy carrying, a neck strap, eyepiece and lens cap, a good quality carrying case and a very detailed instruction manual for ease of usage.
The binoculars are water and fog proof and as such you can use them in the most extreme weather conditions without suffering any inconvenience.
This binoculars is very easy to use and offers eye relief to people who wear spectacles.
The 10x magnification is ideal for people who watch wildlife that might be a distance away where you cannot approach, the focus can also go as close as 1.5 metres which is ideal for insect and plant observers.
The Olympus binoculars has multi-coated lenses and a roof prism which produce high resolution and result in a bright image even in low light conditions. The coating technologies ensure good light transmission and zero coating reduces light reflections on the lenses producing a lifelike image. These features put it in consideration for top 10×42 binoculars.
This binoculars uses coating on phase-correction that deals with better resolution and good contrast.
What makes it one of the best binoculars is the optimum field of view it offers, a feature much appreciated by nature lovers who would love to sweep their gaze across the vista nature has to offer.
The use of an ED lens reduces image blur. It is filled with Nitrogen which in turn stops condensation on the lenses and keeps your observation clear. It has oil-repellent coating on the outer lenses which repels dirt and water.
It has a fifteen year manufacturer’s warranty which is pretty good and gives you peace of mind when making the purchase, this warranty can be extended by ten years if you register during purchase.
- The best binoculars have the water and fog proofing technology which keep an image in focus clear and the Olympus isn’t left behind in this aspect.
- The use of ED lenses deals with chromatic aberration which causes image blur giving you pleasant viewing experience.
- It has flip down objective lens covers which helps deal with the problem of always losing the lens caps.
- The 10x magnification is very high magnification and the fact that it allows for focus on objects up to 1.5 metres is amazing.
- The Olympus binoculars has extendable eye relief for people who wear glasses making it ideal for all types of users.
- They are compact and can be stored just about anywhere, they are also very light and easy to carry around and hold still without the need for a tripod.
- There is a bit of image distortion in certain conditions.
- The focus wheel can be a bit stiff during operation.
Celestron 71406 TrailSeeker 10×42 Binoculars
This pair of binoculars has a sleek Magnesium alloy body finish which makes it look stylish and for people who love to look good while going about their outdoor activities, it is absolute perfection.
It comes with various accessories including: objective lens covers, a neck strap, rain guard, lens cloth, a harness strap, a carrying case and a detailed instruction manual.
The binoculars is very flexible and can be used in various outdoor activities including; traveling, hiking, sports, camping and watching wildlife.
The Celestron binoculars has metal multi-stop twist up eye cups that help in correct eye positioning and are also more durable than plastic eye cups and do not get damaged as often. It has eye relief of up to 15 mm which is very good for 10 x 42 binoculars.
This binoculars is tripod adaptable and as such you can set them up and use them to view images hands free with no drop in image quality.
It has a vast field of view with unmatched image clarity even in low light conditions. The 10×42 magnification also brings images to life size clarity and gives you an unforgettable view.
The close focus is unmatched and can come up to 1.5 metres without compromising on image quality putting it among the very best at observing insects and plants.
The multi-coated optics provide high resolution which produces very bright images. It also has phase & dielectric coated BaK-4 prisms.
The binoculars is also water and fog-proof due to the Nitrogen filled insides which deals with any condensation, making sure your view is unimpeded.
- The metal eye cups are more durable than plastic ones making it a reliable pair of binoculars to have.
- The binoculars is also water and fog-proof, thus ideal for extreme weather conditions.
- The wide field of view offered by the 10 x 42 binoculars magnification makes sure you won’t miss a fast moving image outdoors.
- The close focus feature that can come up to 1.5 metres is very impressive and makes this binoculars among the best for viewing insects and plants.
- Very durable due to the Magnesium alloy body which can withstand quite a bit, this makes it one of the best and most durable binoculars on the market.
- The Celestron binoculars has flexibility, a feature of the very best binoculars and can be used in various activities including; traveling, hiking, camping, watching wildlife and even during concerts.
- The binoculars are also very lightweight weighing in under four hundred grams making them the ideal binoculars to have when doing any outdoor activity without having to lug around weight baggage.
- The lens caps are of poor quality and do not really do their jobs because after a short while the lens is coated with dust which can distort an image if not wiped constantly.
- The caps are very annoying because they get in the way of any good view if you move around, so you end up storing them in the bag.
- The images can be a bit distorted if the focus is shifted too quickly to follow fast moving objects.
- The diopter adjustment has no scale to assist you in adjustment and you have to fiddle around until you find your ideal adjustment, something you have to do every time.
Hawke Endurance ED 10 X 42 Binoculars
This binoculars is definitely one of the best in the market. It comes with accessories including; a carry case, lens covers & cloth and a neck strap. Basically everything you will need when out on safari to make it a more comfortable and convenient trip.
Being out there in the great outdoors can be daunting; it becomes a battle against the elements and that’s where the first advantage of this pair checks in. The lenses are Nitrogen-sealed and are water and fog proof; on those days when it is pouring or the mornings are dreary, cold and full of fog, your trip will not be wasted by the elements.
The lenses provide multi-coated optics and there is little color fringing, the result of which is stunning, high resolution images up to the maximum range.
You do not want your pair of binoculars to relay sub-standard images right when something extraordinary is happening in front of you, this aspect ensures that such a scenario is avoided.
They are very easy to use and focus with a close focus option of up to two metres and 10X42 magnification. The barrels are also extremely easy to adjust to your preferred point of view.
The binoculars are light and not as heavy as some in the market which can be cumbersome to carry around. The body is also coated with rubber and is rugged for ease of use in any conditions and increases their longevity immensely.
The Ethan Endurance are also extremely comfortable coming with eye cups with position stops that aid in eye relief after you have been staring into them for a long time. Especially valuable when you’re watching wildlife which is an activity that takes time and will have you glued to your binoculars for ages at times.
They also have a worldwide, lifetime warranty which is especially convenient for country-hoppers who would not need to return to point of origin in case of anything. They are a reputable company who also state that all repair costs will be borne by them in case of damage, irrespective of what caused the damage, a better deal cannot be had anywhere else.
1. They are a good investment due to their longevity stemming from their rugged design and rubber coating to protect against the elements.
2. The lifetime, worldwide warranty is a pretty good deal, adding that the burden of repair rests with the company inspires unparalleled peace of mind and is a factor that has rocketed their binocular sales market.
3. The phase-corrected prisms and the BAK-4 roof prism offer unmatched light and color contrast.
4. The clarity offered is amazing due to the extra low dispersion glass that may earn you an image of a lifetime.
5. The stay on lens covers that offer protection are a good feature, the binoculars are a bit pricey and so the added protection is one less thing to worry about.
6. The Green rubber armor makes them a very attractive pair to have and carry around for those interested in being stylish while outdoors.
1. This pair of Hawke Endurance 10×42 binoculars can be a bit pricey and might be outside of a few people’s budget.
2. Some users have complained that using them can be a bit stiff and not as smooth as they would have liked but that is not a major concern to most.
Opticron Discovery WP PC 10 x 42 Binoculars
This lightweight, Magnesium alloy bodied binoculars are ideal for most outdoor activities including; hiking, camping, watching wildlife and birds and even for use during concerts. They are very lightweight and as such do not really add to your baggage.
The binocular comes with the following accessories; a neck strap, cleaning cloth, lanyard, a soft case and a detailed instruction manual.
The Opticron 10 x 42 have PC phased corrected prisms in a fully multi-coated optic system and a compact roof prism design which provides high contrast and objects appear clear in whichever light.
The dioptre adjustment allows you to correct any difference in your visual acuity, coupled with the dispersion glass making sure the view you see is uniform and the image is clear with optimum field of view.
The binoculars sale agreement stipulates a five year warranty which should give you peace of mind when spending that money, in case of anything.
- This binocular is very flexible and can be used in most outdoor activities including; watching races, during hiking, watching wildlife and concerts due to the high magnification offered.
- The 42 mm objective lens is good for light gathering and as such this binocular can be used for astronomy and star gazing which is a feature quite a few of the best binoculars lack.
- The twist up eye cups make this binocular ideal for people who wear spectacles to use effortlessly.
- The Opticron binocular is very light and as such suitable for outdoor activities, it can be carried on the neck strap comfortably without any strain.
- Ideal for use in adverse weather due to the fact that the binocular is water and fog-proof due to the Nitrogen sealed in. Even in a downpour the image you focus on will not be distorted.
- The 10×42 magnification coupled with the roof prism keeps an image in focus natural and bright without diminishing the field of view.
- The dust caps are loose and dust frequently enters and coats the objective lens that can cloud a view unless cleaned all the time.
- The plastic casing makes them very delicate and are bound to get damaged if they fall which is a very common outcome when outdoors.
- The strap comes undone very easily and the binocular falls as a result which can cause damage.
Bushnel H20 10 X 42 All Purpose Binocular
This all purpose binocular is definitely worth the hype, it is compact, lightweight and portable meaning it is very easy to carry around in all your outdoor excursions including; watching wildlife, hiking, camping and for use during sporting events.
They have a soft texture grip that makes sure they do not slip out of your hands even during the worst downpour. y have multi-coated optics and Bak-4 prism glass which provides amazing light transmission and clarity.
It has twist up eye cups that allow for comfortable viewing and caters to people who wear spectacles.
- Their all purpose quality makes them an awesome buy, they can be used fr various outdoor events including; hiking, camping, plant & insect observation and watching wildlife.
- They are very light and as such they are easy to carry around when you’re out and about without feeling weighed down by the extra weight.
- The image quality is sharp and bright in different conditions due to the multi-coated prism glass which provides beautiful contrast.
- The carry case is not sturdy enough, in rough conditions they are bound to get damaged in transit.
- The field of view can be a bit narrow when the magnification and focus is stretched.
The Best 10×42 Binoculars
I have gone over the various features, advantages and drawbacks of the 10×42 binoculars and I have come up with the best of the lot.
After taking into account factors like; durability, image clarity, field of view, best durability, affordability, flexibility and special features I have come to a conclusion on which binoculars tops all categories.
The best 10×42 binoculars for sale is the Nikon Monarch 7, it just shades all categories at the top of the list and is a worthwhile investment everything considered.