Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Binocular For Safari Is The Hawke Endurance ED 10 X 42!
Going on safari can be the most exciting undertaking in your adult life, everything appears so raw and unedited. Yet, you might miss out on everything happening around you because of a limited field of view, as such finding the best binoculars could be very beneficial.
Check out our best binoculars under £100 here.
There is a limit to how close your safari vehicle can come to the wildlife and you would not want to miss out on a once in a lifetime sight like the wilder beast migration because your vision is impaired. Below I will review various binoculars; their strong and weak points, the features offered and finally the best pair of binoculars to obtain for your safari and the reasons why it tops the list of best safari binoculars.
We begin with:
Hawke Endurance ED 10 X 42 Binoculars
This pair of binoculars is definitely one of the best in the market. It comes with accessories including; a carry case, lens covers & cloth and a neck strap. Basically everything you will need when out on safari to make it a more comfortable and convenient trip.
Being out there in the wild during safari can be daunting; it becomes a battle against the elements and that’s where the first advantage of this pair checks in. The lenses are Nitrogen-sealed and are water and fog proof; on those days when it is pouring or the mornings are dreary, cold and full of fog, your trip will not be wasted by the elements.
The lenses are multi-coated and there is little color fringing, the result of which is stunning, high resolution images up to the maximum range. You do not want your pair of binoculars to relay sub-standard images right when something extraordinary is happening in front of you, this aspect ensures that such a scenario is avoided.
They are very easy to use and focus with a close focus option of up to two metres and 10X magnification. The barrels are also extremely easy to adjust to your preferred point of view.
The binoculars are light and not as heavy as some in the market which can be cumbersome to carry around. The body is also coated with rubber and is rugged for ease of use in any conditions and increases their longevity immensely.
The Ethan Endurance are also extremely comfortable coming with eye cups with position stops that aid in eye relief after you have been staring into them for a long time. Especially valuable when you’re bird-watching which is an activity that takes time and will have you glued to your binoculars for ages at times.
They also have a worldwide, lifetime warranty which is especially convenient for country-hoppers who would not need to return to point of origin in case of anything. They are a reputable company who also state that all repair costs will be borne by them in case of damage, irrespective of what caused the damage, a better deal cannot be had anywhere else.
- They are a good investment due to their longevity stemming from their rugged design and rubber coating to protect against the elements.
- The lifetime, worldwide warranty is a pretty good deal, adding that the burden of repair rests with the company inspires unparalleled peace of mind and is a factor that has rocketed their binocular sales market.
- The phase-corrected prisms and the BAK-4 roof prisms offer unmatched light and color contrast.
- The clarity offered is amazing due to the extra low dispersion glass.
- The stay on lens covers that offer protection are a good feature, the binoculars are a bit pricey and so the added protection is one less thing to worry about.
- The Green rubber armor makes them a very attractive pair to have and carry around for those interested in being stylish while out on safari.
- They offer flexibility and can be used for a variety of activities including; sports events, hiking and wildlife watching.
- This pair of binoculars can be a bit pricey and might be outside of a few people’s budget.
- Some users have complained that using them can be a bit stiff and not as smooth as they would have liked but that is not a major concern to most.
Celestron 71008 SkyMaster 25 X 70 Binoculars
This stylish pair of binoculars comes equipped with everything you might need to make your life easier and more enjoyable on the trip of a lifetime. It has a carrying case for safe transportation and conveniently compact for easy storage in your luggage.
This binoculars also comes with; a neck strap, a rain guard, carrying case, an objective lens cap and an instruction manual.
The multi-coated lenses ensure a genuinely awesome view which is optimized further seeing as the images on safari are unmissable.
Safari binoculars demand that you have a comfortable pair because you might have a long observation time for wildlife which on any other pair can hurt your eyes. Luckily this type has soft eye cups that can be folded to allow for use even with people who wear spectacles which is a huge bonus.
This SkyMaster pair are specially designed for terrestrial and astronomical viewing. It has large aperture light gathering for all sorts of conditions you will encounter out there.
At times during safari, you go out during low light conditions and these pair makes sure that spotting the wildlife is not a problem due to the 70 mm objective lens size that sharpens the images and ensure brightness.
This binoculars has a very wide field of view of 2.7 degrees and 141 feet at 1000 yards with diopter range of -4 to +8.
This pair of binoculars has a focus dial which is very easy to turn without much movement to help you focus.
It has a rugged, armored body which offers grip allowing you to hold them for a long time without it being uncomfortable.
They are also tripod adaptable further adding to their value so you do not have to hold them when you’re on a lengthy watch like bird watching.
The Celestron are especially valuable for long range viewing due to the 25 X porro & Bak-4 prisms which sharpen contrast and help you to focus on an object easily.
- The long range viewing feature on this binoculars is especially developed due to the Bak-4 prisms technology making it a must have while out on safari.
- The large 70 mm lenses help to bring out the maximum brightness of images in low light conditions making them ideal binoculars for safari.
- The SkyMaster Porro prisms are ideal for astronomical viewing, staring at the night sky has never been better with these specially designed binoculars.
- It comes with a padded carry case which is important for lots of travel without being damaged and to protect the investment in different types of conditions.
- It is water resistant making it ideal for use in the very worst elements on an African safari.
- The image can be shaky if hand held due to the high magnification factor, thus you have to purchase a tripod for optimum use, the option it comes with is not sturdy. A factor that some users do not factor in in advance.
- They cannot be handheld for long because they are very heavy and it gets uncomfortable after a short while.
- The cost cutting is evident in the neck straps which cut into your skin after extended usage.
Sunagor 9 – 45 X 21
Styled as the world’s smallest adjustable zoom binoculars, the Sunagor 9-45 X 21 are light, portable and can be stored in your jacket pocket or handbag. Due to this feature they are suitable for various activities including; use in the theater, concerts, bird watching, on safari for spotting wildlife and use by sports and racing enthusiasts.
This binoculars come with the following accessories; a neck strap, lens caps, a cleaning cloth and a carry case for convenient safe keeping.
They are easy to use and focus with the central focus wheel used to adjust focus. And to further personalize viewing, the eye piece has a correction dial for fine adjustments which is a pretty cool feature to have on safari.
The sliding zoom lever on the Sunagor binoculars provides zoom 9- 45 times with amazing image quality putting it among the very best binoculars.
The magnification due to the Bak-4 prisms and the multi-coated optics is crystal clear making for some of the best image quality.
The binoculars are suitable for use by people who wear spectacles too, due to the folding eye cups that cater to glass wearers, a feature of the very best binoculars.
- This binoculars are very light and small thus are easy to carry around with no added weight or inconvenience in your travels.
- They are among the very best binoculars because of their flexibility, they can be used in activities such as; horse & car racing, concerts, bird & wildlife watching on safari and during concerts.
- The Sunagor binoculars offer 9-45 times magnification which is staggering taking into consideration its size, the magnification is more common in bigger binoculars.
- The easily adjustable focus wheel is very convenient especially when used to view a fast moving image.
- This binoculars are very easy to use and as a bonus are very affordable considering the wide range of activities they can be used on.
- The setting up and adjustment can be a bit cumbersome and when the zoom is changed from one extreme to the other, images can drop out of focus or cause poor image quality.
- The lens caps are loose and as such let in dust and small pieces of debris which ultimately necessitates constant cleaning and can damage the lenses.
Steiner Safari UltraSharp 10 X 26 Binoculars
This stylish and attractive pair of binoculars is what you have been looking for. What with the multiple events it can be used for including: hiking, horse & car racing, to watch wildlife on safari & bird-watching it is an absolute marvel.
Simply one of the most affordable binocular for sale on the market vis a vis the functions it offers.
This binoculars has polycarbonate Makrolon housing with rubber armor making it resistant to the adverse elements like rain and extreme temperatures. This is perfect for an African safari where weather can go from one extreme to the next pretty fast. The ruggedness of the binoculars and finger recesses also gives you good grip while watching wildlife.
The Steiner binoculars has UltraSharp 10 x 26 magnification with superior image quality which is pretty amazing and useful in all of your activities. It has a field of view of 101 metres at 1000 yards which is pretty good for a binoculars of its size.
The ergonomic eye cups are comfortable for sustained usage and are made of non-ageing silicone which makes them durable and impervious to the elements out on safari. This binoculars are also easy to use by people who wear spectacles, all you have to do is fold them.
This binoculars has a central focusing wheel which is easy to manipulate to change focus when out in the field, the resulting image quality is crystal clear and the contrast is sharp.
- The Steiner binoculars is water and fog-proof which is a huge advantage to have on your equipment in unpredictable weather while out on safari, hike or on a cruise putting it in the argos binoculars class.
- These binoculars are very affordable and for people who do not need to intensively use binoculars then they are one of the best binoculars for sale for use in everyday activities like during concerts and car & horse racing.
- These binoculars are rugged and as such offer good grip which is useful when out on safari and you might be sweating or might need to hold them for a long time.
- The body of the Steiner binoculars is made of non-ageing silicone which is resistant to the elements and spills from foods and even substances like acid making it a worthwhile investment due to its durability.
- This binoculars is very lightweight which is probably best for people who are out on the field e.g during hiking and safari a lot and might not want to lug around heavy equipment.
- The carrying case has a loop that allows it to be hooked onto a belt which is a pretty nice and convenient feature.
- The field of vision can be a bit limited everything considered but this is an aspect where the price shows.
- The eye-piece cover over the lenses is not very useful as it allows particles to enter very easily which beats its purpose totally.
- The barrels only partially fold and as such there is not much difference when fully open and closed, they aren’t the monarch 5 in low light but that should be expected.
- The image quality on extreme focus is not great, you might have to adjust your positioning to fully appreciate the image thus ruling them out of the best safari binoculars.
Olympus 8×40 DPSI Binoculars
This beautiful pair of safari binoculars will make you look stylish with the high quality finish for a very affordable price.
The Olympus DPSI is one of the best safari binoculars because of how light weight it is, there is a lot of viewing of moving wildlife so a cumbersome pair of binoculars is plain tiring.
This binoculars comes loaded with accessories including; neck strap, covers for the lenses and an instruction manual for easy navigation.
The Olympus binoculars are fairly multi-purpose and can be used for a variety of activities including: during concerts, while hiking, to spot wildlife on safari, car & horse racing and camping.
They have a wide-angle field of view especially for fast moving objects making it one of the best binoculars for safari where wildlife is permanently moving.
It has large, exit pupils ensuring bright image viewing with a very wide field of view topping at sixty five degrees. The zoom is very powerful with an 8X magnification feature, it packs a punch making it one of the very best in this aspect.
The 40 mm element is lens size and is very convenient as it maintains image brightness and contrast perfectly with very little light distortion.
The Olympus binoculars has UV protection that protects you against harmful sun rays which is a sure condition you will encounter while out on safari in Africa making them the perfect safari binoculars.
This binoculars has anti-reflective lens coating which keeps image brightness and maintains high contrast making your viewership all the more memorable.
- The lightweight nature of this safari binoculars is very convenient for users who have to walk around, nothing kills the mood for a hike than heavy luggage.
- It has rubber coating which makes it a durable pair of binoculars and a very worthwhile investment.
- They are porro prism binoculars which include aspherical lenses that reduce light distortion which as a result produce an image of the highest quality.
- The eyepiece has a lens element that protects against exposure to UV rays and also helps with eye strain so you can use them for a sustained period, making them one of the most convenient safari binoculars.
- The large objective lens size provides for a wide field of view making them the perfect binoculars for safari.
- It is very easy to use and has powerful magnification and easy focus putting it on the list of recommended safari binoculars.
- The optical quality is not the best when maximum magnification is tried out, there is image stretching and fading focus.
- The carry case is not very well padded and over extreme conditions it can get battered and that is the downside of using them as safari binoculars.
- The lens caps are not very tight and so dust particles easily enter which can be a bit tricky if you’re using this as safari binoculars.
- The neck strap is very narrow and digs into the skin after a while of using it which is very uncomfortable.
How to Find the Best Binoculars for Safari
I have reviewed all the binoculars on the list exhaustively looking at all of their advantages, disadvantages, special features and possible corrections to their designs. Going for safari should be a pleasurable activity and having the right gear to spot wildlife is the very start to having a good time.
I have therefore looked at factors like extreme weather conditions from rain to high temperatures that you will encounter out on safari and contrasted them to the various binoculars.
So after taking into account factors like; affordability, special features, durability, warranties offered by the various manufacturers, flexibility in use, activity used for, quality of the image, field of view and image clarity I have come up with the best fitting binoculars.
The best of the lot is the Hawke Endurance ED 10 X 42 binoculars. It ticks all of the boxes you’d want in a safari binoculars for wildlife watching. It is no Nikon Monarch 5 but of the pile it is the best value for money binoculars you can get that will not let you down and will in fact enhance your experience while out on safari.