[product_list cat=”Motion Activated”]
Top 5 Motion Activated Trail Cameras
Motion activated cameras are a great choice for wildlife enthusiasts, pheasant owners, property owners and hunters. These cameras are normally camouflaged so they can match their surroundings without being detected. Motion activated cameras will only record when they detect movement, so you won’t end up with hours of useless footage and you’ll only record the useful stuff.
These cameras are often used by wildlife researchers who want to monitor nocturnal animals and gain an insight into the secret life of these elusive creatures. Wildlife/trail cameras are also a good choice for home/ property security as they will detect and capture the movements of any thief/predator which crosses their path, and these cameras are a good choice for surveillance in areas where a connection to the mains power is not possible.
We have created a list of the top 5 motion activated wildlife/trail cameras available online, so if you’re interested in learning more read on for our review!
Ltl Acorn 5210A Wildlife Review – Our Number 1
- The Ltl Acorn 5210A (VIEW THE PRICE HERE!) is a portable infra-red camera which can capture videos and photos in any light conditions without alerting the target.
- This camera will only record footage if it detects motion, so it won’t waste charge by capturing nothing. This camera runs off AA batteries and can hold up to 8 batteries, but it can function perfectly well on 4.
- This camera can last for weeks or even months on a single set of batteries depending on how often it is triggered. The batteries are not included.
- The Ltl Acord 5210A can take 12MP photos or record audio videos at 1080P resolution. This means that you will get clear, detailed and good quality images.
- This camera is password protected so, if someone does find it, it will be harder for them to hack into the footage.
- The Ltl Acorn 5210A comes with 16G max storage and an SD card storage facility. The SD card is not included in the price.
- This camera features data & time stamping so you know exactly when everything happened, it has timer recording options which gives you more control over when you want to record, and it has a time lapse feature which lets you schedule the camera to capture footage at regular intervals even if no motion has been detected.
- The Ltl Acorn 5210A is a small device which measures at just 14cm x 8cm x 6cm and can fit in the palm of your hand!
- This trail/wildlife camera has weatherproof casting and it can be connected to a tripod.
Features: Infra-red – Battery Powered – Long-Lasting – 12MP Photos – Password Protected – Versatile Features – Small – Weatherproof.
Crenova 12MP 1080P HD Infrared Review – Number 2
- The Crenova wildlife/trail camera features a 5 MP camera (12 mega pixel full colour resolution options) and 1080P HD video and audio recording.
- This camera features 42pcs LED for 20m night time vision so you can record at any time of the night or day. The black IR flash will have no glow effect.
- The Crenova wildlife/trail camera has several features to choose from. You can select the multi-shot function, record footage at regular intervals, set up the time-lapse or schedule your own timer.
- This rail/wildlife camera is password protected and includes an energy saving mode which will sound an alarm when the camera is low on battery.
- The Crenova wildlife/trail camera has a triggering distance of up to 20m. It can last for up to 6 months on standby.
- The Crenova wildlife/trail camera can time-stamp footage to show you when it happened.
- This camera is waterproof and supports SD/SDHC memory cards for up to 32GB.
- The Creonva wildlife/trail camera comes with a one year warranty which will proect you against any defects.
Features: 5 MP Camera – 42pcs LED – Multi-Shot – Intervals – Time-Lapse – Timer – Password Protected – Energy Saving Mode – 6 Month Standby – Time Stamp – Waterproof – One Year Warranty.
FULLLIGHT TECH Game & Trail Review – Number 3
- The Fulllight Tech Game & Trail camera features an 8MP mega pixel low-glow infra-red camera (5MP is also available in low resolution mode) complete with high quality colour resolution, 720P HD video and audio recordings (for up to 20 seconds), and 0.8-1.2 seconds per trigger speed.
- This camera can take images at any time of the day or night. It can take stunning colour photos during the day, whereas at night it will use the infra-red technology to take black and white images.
- The Fulllight Tech camera will put a time stamp on still pictures and video images to show you exactly when that image was taken. This camera is also waterproof.
- This camera hasa low power consumption and, with full batteries, it can standby for almost a year! This camera requires at least 4pcs alkaline batteries to function and no batteries are included.
- The Fulllight Tech camera comes with a one year product warranty.
Features: 8MP Camera – 720 HP Video & Audio Recordings – Infra-red – Waterproof – Time Stamp – Low Power Consumption – One Year Warranty.
Annke® Wide Angle 2.0 Review – Number 4
- The Annke Wide Angle wildlife/trail camera has 48pcs of no-glow LED light. This means that you can take Infra-red images at night without setting off a flash, which allows you to collect footage without scaring off your target.
- This Annke camera is camouflaged, it’s weatherproof and it’s a great choice for outdoor settings. This camera can imprint the time, date and even temperature and moon phase from the time the footage was taken so you have all the necessary details.
- The Annke Wide Angle trail/wildlife camera can support a 32G SD card. It also has 120 degree super wide angle lens so you can see as much as possible.
- This trail/wildlife camera features up to 12 mega pixels and it can create 1080P videos for superior quality viewing. It also comes with an HD LCD screen which you can use to watch and playback footage.
- This camera includes a super sensitive infra-red motion sensor which can be triggered by a single movement, and it also has a 1 second response & trigger time.
- The Annke trail/wildlife camera can last for up to a year on battery power and it’s a great choice for long term projects.
Features: No-Glow LED Light – Weatherproof – Detailed – Supports A 32G SD Card – Wide Lens – 12MP – HD LCD Screen – Sensitive Motion Sensor – Long Battery Life.
MobileFDL Ltl Acorn Review – Number 5
- The MobileFDL Ltl Acorn 52100MM will take images using infra-red LED light. This light is invisible to the naked eye so no human or animal will notice it, making it the perfect camera for animal observation and property surveillance.
- This is a 12MP camera which utilises full colour infra-red sensors for day and night usage.
- The MobilelFdL Ltl has programmable trigger and video lengths so you can schedule it to record as much or little as you want.
- This trail/wildlife camera has an auto power off function, a low battery alarm, an SD slot and a password code. It is also waterproof and comes with a mounting strap and tripod nail.
- The MobileFDL offers MMS an Email scouting. You will need to buy a SIM card with MMS to utilise this feature.
Features: Infra-Red – LED – Full Colour – Programmable – Low Battery Alarm – Password Code – MMS Feature – Waterproof.
All of these wildlife/trail cameras are a great choice for wildlife observation, property surveillance or any other use, but one of the items on our list does it better. We would like to recommend the Ltl Acorn 5210A Wildlife Camera with 850nm Standard Infrared, 1080P Video Recording with Audio because it uses Infra-red light which is invisible to the naked eye and therefore won’t scare away your subjects, it offers data and time stamping, it is water proof, it fits in the palm of your hand and blends into its surroundings, it offers great quality images, it won’t waste battery recording anything other than distinct movement, and it is password protected.